Thursday, April 4, 2013

Lemon Bars

  I am so excited that I have a lemon tree in my back yard now.  It produces GIANT lemons and I couldn't wait to try lemon bars from it.  They were delicious!!!   No, they are not the healthiest of snacks but if you need a cheat day or something to bring to a friend or neighbor, this is a good choice.  This is my Grandma's recipe and she is one of the best cooks/bakers I have ever tasted.  Thankfully, she did pass her skill on to our mom too!


For the crust you will need:

1 Cup Margarine
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/8 tsp Salt

Combine ingredients and pour into a 9X13" baking dish.  Bake at 300 for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned.

For the filling you will need:  

4 Eggs, beaten
2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
1/8 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Flour

Combine all ingredients and pour into baked crust.  Return to oven for another 30 to 40 minutes.  I sprinkled  about 2 tsp of powdered sugar on the top after it came out of the oven instead of the topping suggested since it already had a lot of sugar.  I will add the topping part too if you do want to do that instead of just the powdered sugar.

Topping:

1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
2 Tbsp Margarine
4 Tbsp Lemon Juice

Mix all ingredients and spread over warm filling after removing from the oven.

~Stacy~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...