Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Rhubarb Dump Cake


When we were growing up I remember every year for Father's Day my Mom would bake my Dad a Rhubarb pie. He LOVED rhubarb pie!! Now that I am all growed up, I love  rhubarb too! I love to make rhubarb crisp, rhubarb/strawberry pie or crisp and this delicious rhubarb dump cake.  This is my children's favorite rhubarb recipe, so I thought I would share.

Rhubarb Dump Cake

1 lb rhubarb, cut into 1/4" pieces (between 4-5 C.)
1 C. white sugar
1 (3 oz) strawberry jell-o
1 package yellow cake mix
1 C. water
1/4 C. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350*.  Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Spread rhubarb on the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle sugar over the rhubarb, followed by the jell-o, and finally the cake mix. Pour the water and melted butter over the top.  Do not stir.  Bake 45 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.


Hope you enjoy!!
~Rachel~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...