Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Dinner


I wanted to make a great dinner for my husband yesterday for Father's Day.  I know I have already posted the "Star Jones Lobster and Steak dinner," but I wanted to make it again for him and it turned out great.  My 6 year old loved the lobster so much, he ate 2 whole tails!  He kept saying over and over how good the lobster was too.  It kind of made my day!

The rolls are the recipe Michelle posted a while ago that I finally tried.  Click here for the link.

Grilled Green Beans
As for the green beans, this was the first time I tried them on the grill this way and they were AMAZING!!  I wish I had made more.  
1.  All I did for those was pull out about 2-3 cups of frozen green beans and put them in an 8X8" glass dish.  
2.  I put 1 tbsp of olive oil over the top of them and made sure they were all covered with it.  
3.  Then I salt and peppered them.  
4.  Finally, I just put them on the grill when I put the steak out there.  I left one of the burners off and just placed the pan over that burner so they weren't getting direct heat.  I stirred it when I turned the steak over and took them off just prior to taking the steak off the grill.  DELICIOUS!


Strawberry Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping

My husband loves cheesecake and I have tried a homemade recipe before and quite frankly, it was gross.  That is the reason I have always just done them from a box--they turn out everytime and they are good.  Well, I found this recipe in the July 2013 Issue of "All You".  I just had to try to make another homemade cheesecake again.  Turns out, it was Delicious too!  We all liked it.  So here is the recipe.

16 oz. Cream Cheese at room temperature
1 Cup Sugar
3 Large, lightly beaten eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp. Lemon Juice
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 9-inch prebaked Graham Cracker crust
1 1/2 Cups Sour Cream
1 pint of fruit of choice

   1.  Preheat oven to 350°.  In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3/4 C Sugar with an electric mixer on medium until smooth.  Add Eggs, Lemon Juice, and 1 tsp Vanilla; beat until blended.  Pour into crust.  Bake until edges are set and center jiggles a bit, about 30 minutes.

   2.  In a medium bowl, stir Sour Cream, 3/4 C Sugar, and 1 tsp Vanilla.  Remove cheesecake from oven; let cool 5 minutes.  Spread Sour Cream mixture on top and return to oven.  Bake until topping is firm, about 15 minutes.  Let cool 20 minutes on a wire rack, then cover and chill 4 hours or overnight.

   3.  If desired, place half of the berries of choice in a medium bowl, sprinkle with 1 tsp Sugar and lightly mash.  Let stand 10 minutes.  Serve over cheesecake.

More recipes like this can be found at All You.

Graham Cracker Crust
If you don't have a Graham Cracker crust on hand, you can easily make one by combining a package of Graham Crackers- crushed, 4 Tbsp of Sugar, and 4 Tbsp butter, melted.  It should be soft and kind of clumpy.  Mash it around the sides first and make sure they are covered, then mash the rest down on the bottom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...