Friday, January 25, 2013

Star Jones' Garlic Lobster Tails plus Stacy's Steak for Valentines Dinner!!


Day 2:
  Last year for Valentines Day, I honestly can't remember why we did not got out to dinner like we usually do.  I don't think I particularly wanted to cook dinner for my husband and I because we so rarely go out to dinner, I really enjoy it.  He may have actually had to be out of town or something.  Regardless the reason, I cooked our Valentines dinner and I wanted it to be good.  I do not like seafood, but he does.  I RARELY ever make anything with seafood because I dispise it so much, but I thought for this dinner I was going to spoil him with lobster!
  My favorite grocery store, Publix, actually had a decent price on lobster tails that week (probably for suckers like me ;) so I went ahead and bought like 4.  I found a recipe on www.foodnetwork.com that looked really good and had lots of stars and lots of reviews and gave it a shot.  I paired it with the best looking steak I could find and a great salad and my husband and I really enjoyed it.  I actually thought it was the best steak I had ever made and I haven't been able to repeat it since then!  We had sparkling cider since we are non-alcoholic drinkers, and topped it off with my husbands favorite, cheesecake!  It was delicious.

  Here is what I did. . .Star Jone's Garlic Lobster Tails


Ingredients


  • 4 large lobster tails (8 ounces each)
  • 4 to 6 large cloves garlic, minced
  • 6 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Seafood Magic

Directions

Preheat broiler. With kitchen shears or large, sharp knife, cut lobster tails down back on curved side of shell. Pry sides of shells apart to expose meat. Top meat with garlic and butter. Squeeze lemon juice over lobster meat and dust liberally with Cajun spice and seafood seasoning. Preheat broiler. Set lobster tails in roasting pan and broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 12 to 15 minutes, until meat is opaque in center.

This is rated easy and serves 4.

For the steak, I rubbed it with a steak dust and let it sit in that for 30 minutes or so.  Then, just as I was putting the lobster in, I put the steak on the grill with about 1/2 tbsp butter on top.  My husband likes his medium rare and I like mine well done so I put mine on first.  Once one side was cooked, I turned it over and added his.  I definately had to cook it a little longer than normal because they were so much thicker than I regularly buy, but it was worth it!!!  It was literally, melt in your mouth, delicious!

For dessert I made my husbands favorite cheesecake...from a box!  Jello brand cheesecake is his favorite.  And it is Valentine's Day, I can't deny him his favorite!  :)

-Stacy-

Day 1Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6

P.S. Don't forget to check out our Shops "Item of the Week"!

1 comments:

Ali @ Jamhands.net said...

Looks perfect for a special romantic meal :)

If you don't mind I wanted to invite you to come link up at Recipe Sharing Monday and share your favorite recipes. Have a super week. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...