Adam wanted an ice cream cake for his birthday so I threw this little piece together and it was SO GOOD!!! We LOVED it! It will probably become a regular in our family. And the best part was that it was so easy! Here is what you need:
*8 ice cream sandwhiches
*Your favorite kind of ice cream
*Oreos or chocolate and/or carmel for the top
Here's what you do...
1. Line 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 5/8-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, with plastic overhanging edges. Remove wrapping from 8 cakes. Press 4 cakes into bottom of pan, so the long sides of the individual cakes are parallel with short end of loaf pan
2. Let the ice cream sit out for about 10 minutes, or while you start the cake so it can get soft, put about 2 cups of ice cream in a bowl and stir it util it is about the consistency of cream cheese and pour it on top of the ice cream cakes.
3. Unwrap 4 more ice cream cakes and put them on top of the ice cream, the same way you did the first layer. Tightly wrap the extra plastic wrap around your cake and put it into the freezer for about 3 hours.
4. Once the cake feels pretty firm, take off the plastic wrap and transfer it onto a platter...or plate. Frost the whole cake with thawed whipped topping. If you want to do a topping do it at this time. Place back in the freezer for another 2 hours, or overnight.
5. Enjoy your delicious cake!!