Friday, June 8, 2012

Sweet and Sour Chicken

So this is really and truly THE BEST sweet and sour chicken EVER!  Notice I underlined and capitalized it!  That has to say something, RIGHT??  It is really easy too.  I got the recipe from my friend Sarah and I love it.  It is also one of the only things my husband will eat as a leftover. . . even 3 or 4 days after we had it first.  That should REALLY tell you something about it!  So here is the recipe!


Sweet and Sour Chicken
1 Egg, beaten in a bowl and set aside
6 Chicken Breasts- cut into 1 inch cubes (I love to use my meat scissors.  It gets the job done in like 2 minutes!)
1 C. Flour, put in a gallon size ziplock bag with a little salt and pepper

In a medium bowl:
3/4 C. Sugar
1/4 C. Vinegar
1 tsp Soy Sauce
4 Tbsp Ketchup
1 Bouillon Cube
 1/2 C. Water

Combine all of the ingredients in the medium bowl, mix well, and set aside.  Turn your oven on to 350°.  Also have a large frying pan with about 2 Tbsp of oil ready on the stove, and a 9X13" pan greased and set aside.

With your chicken, dip several pieces in the egg and transfer into the ziplock bag.  Once you have a fair amount in there, enough to fill the bottom, but not so many there is no flour left, close the bag up and shake it until all of the chicken piece are covered.  Transfer those into your frying pan and let sit until the rest are covered.  Continue process until all of the chicken is floured or until your frying pan is full, then cook chicken on medium heat until all sides are browned.  Transfer this into your 9X13" pan.  Once all of the chicken has been browned, pour half of the mixed sauce over chicken and place in the oven for 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes, turn all of the chicken over and pour the remaining sauce over top.  Cook for another 30 minutes and eat!

I almost forgot to mention, it is sometimes nice to double the sauce recipe so you can make a little extra chicken or have on your rice!

I like to serve this with Ham Fried Rice which is also very easy.  You can get to it from this link:  Ham Fried Rice  I will attach pictures as soon as I make it again!

~Stacy~

1 comments:

More Sister Stuff said...

Stacy,
This is seriously one of my very favorite meals, ever. When we have guests coming, I make this. LOVE IT!!! And I always make fried rice also! :)
Rachel

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...