One day I came home from work and my dear husband had the sweetest surprise for me! He had made me a very special dessert and was so excited for me to try it. Now, he is the master of grilled cheese, nachos, and quesadillas (catching a pattern? he claims cheddar cheese as his favorite food haha!) so I was expecting something....lets say simple :) With my eyes closed I bit into it and OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Are you kidding me??!? I kept saying, "Are you sure you made this?" And indeed he had. These only have 3 ingredients but taste like a rich truffle from a fancy chocolate shop. I seriously crave these all the time and we make them way more than we should. But I make a whole batch and then freeze the leftovers so I can savor them one at a time whenever I please :) Here's how simple it is...
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 (8 oz. ) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- Finely crush the whole package of Oreos and put in big mixing bowl. I used my Blendtec but you could use any food processor or blender I'm sure.
- Put your cream cheese in with the cookie crumbs and combine until you don't see any more white cream cheese chunks. It will just look dark brown. I just mixed by hand with a rubber spatula, but I bet you could use a mixer or something.
- Roll into balls about the size of a golf ball and place on a cookie sheet. Stick it in the freezer for about 20 minutes until they are more firm.
- Melt your chocolate chips and dip the balls into the melted chocolate. Now you can decorate with sprinkles or something if you want and place in the fridge or freezer again until the chocolate hardens.
- Then sit back and enjoy this decadent treat while you ponder how such a delicious treat could be so EASY!
**I have also made a delicious mint version of these by using 2 rows in the package of Oreos and 1/2 package of Grasshopper cookies and do everything else the same! Yummo! I love mint stuff! :)