I absolutely love date nights!! I love to get dressed up for my sweetheart and I look forward to it all week. I love that we can be together and not talk about work, or the kids, or bills, or any of those other things that can weigh us down. We have always been on such a tight budget that paying for a babysitter every week is just not something that we can do, that is a once a month kind of treat. I have tried my very best to be creative in our "at home dating" and really think that we have a fun time with those dates. And they are always very cheap. With a new baby almost here and winter setting in, I know that we are not going to be getting out of the house much, so my mind has been trying to come up with a bunch of fun ideas for us.
1. Romantic dinner. I love to cook us something special that we do not have except on dates, then make a fancy-smancy dessert. My favorite to make is shrimp linguine (which I need to make and post soon), breadsticks, asparagus, and some sparkling cider, with some chocolate mousse for dessert. LOVE!
2. Playing the Wii. My husband and I love to play the Wii together after the kids have gone to bed. Some times it is competitive and some times we are playing together trying to beat the high scores the kids have gotten.
3. Sitting in a hot bubble bath with candles everywhere. Sometimes we bring the computer in and watch a movie and sometimes we just take turns giving massages.
4. Snuggling on the couch watching a movie. This is one of my favorites, I LOVE TO SNUGGLE!! I really do. Sometimes we drag in a mattress and throw it in front of the TV, pile tons and tons of pillows and pop popcorn.
5. Tonight we are doing the movie thing, but with a theme. I found this cute idea. I got the movie, Snow White and the Hunstman from Netflix.
6. Nerf gun war. I bought cheap Nerf guns at the dollar store, and it was seriously a fun night! I can't wait to do that again.
7. Set a blanket out on the grass and watch the stars. I know that it is winter time now, but for some of you lucky folks, it is still warm outside at night.
8. Go back and read your journals and letters from when you were dating.
9. Dance with each other. I like to pull out a couple of CD's that we were given for our wedding. Brings back fun memories.
10. Buy fun cheeses, crackers, fruit and chocolates and lay this fun "picnic" out on the bed and rehash favorite dating stories, or find out your spouses wildest dreams.
I found this post that also has a bunch of fun creative in-house date ideas. And there is always the wonder site of The Dating Divas to help you out when you are in a dating slump! I LOVE their website and ideas!
Please share any of your favorite dates nights... I love new ideas!!