Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Peach Raspberry Jam


I love to do my canning with a friend, not only because it makes things easier, but because I love to get new recipes.  This recipe came from my friend Amanda a few years ago.  I make a batch of it every year.  My family are big strawberry jam lovers, and I am too, but every once in a while I like a change.  This is my change.  It is a wonderful jam!!  And it has more fruit in it than sugar!  Seriously!  How often does that happen, umm, NEVER!  
I can all the peaches I want to can for that year and then use the left over peaches that were a little more ripe that I like to can for this recipe.  We also have fall bearing raspberries, which is perfect for this recipe.  



Peach Raspberry Jam

5 C. sugar
4 C. peaches, peeled, sliced and mashed
1 1/3 C. raspberries
1 package (3 oz) raspberry jell-o

Blanch the peaches in boiling water for one minute, then remove the skins and pits.  Slice and place in a large pot.  Mash the peaches until they are mostly mashed with a few chunks intact. Add sugar and raspberries, stirring constantly over a medium to medium high heat.  After it has a rolling boil turn heat to lo/simmer and simmer for 25 minutes or until it is starting to thicken (medium thickness) 
Remove from heat and add jell-o, stir until disolved.
Laddle into hot jars and water bath for 15 minutes for pints and 20 for quarts.

Enjoy!
~Rachel~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...