I found this recipe in the "Disney Family Fun" magazine while sitting at the doctors office today. With fall in the air and Thanksgiving coming up I thought it was a good time to share this cute idea for something to do with the kids. So here are the instructions that came out of the magazine and off their website.
"These cute cherry pies have a secret: they're cupcakes in disguise.
- 1 dozen of your favorite cupcakes
- 16-ounce can of white frosting
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder OR 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- red chocolate candies, such as M&M's
- Bake a dozen of your favorite cupcakes. Tint a 16-ounce can of white frosting with 3 drops yellow food coloring and either 1 teaspoon cocoa powder or 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, then frost the cupcakes.
- Transfer the remaining frosting to a ziplock bag, snip off a corner, and set the bag aside. Press red chocolate candies (such as M&M's) onto the top of each cupcake as shown, then use the bagged frosting to pipe a lattice pattern over them and a zigzag crust around the edge. Makes 12 cupcakes.
- This recipe was adapted from What's New, Cupcake? by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson"