4-5 Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
1- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1 C Salsa (I recommend mild)
1- 8 oz Can Tomato Sauce
1- 10 oz Can Enchilada Sauce (again I recommend mild)
8-10 Flour Tortilla Shells
2 C Shredded Cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 350° and spray a 9X13 pan with non-stick spray.
2. Cook chicken breasts in microwave in 5 minute increments, flipping inbetween until fully cooked, then shred.
3. Combine Cream Cheese, Salsa, and Shredded Chicken in a medium sized mixing bowl and set aside.
4. In a seperate medium sized mixing bowl, combine the Enchilada Sauce and the Tomato Sauce and set aside.
5. Now begin to fill the tortillas. Take one large spoonful of the Chicken and Cream Cheese mixture and spread it on one half of the tortilla shell, then roll up. Continue filling the tortillas until the mixture is gone.
6. Cover the filled Tortilla Shells with the Enchilada Sauce mixture. Then Sprinkle the Shredded Cheese over the top until evenly spread.
7. Bake on 350° for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbling.
I usually serve this with canned corn and some biscuits. The biscuits I will usually melt some butter in a pie dish while the enchiladas are cooking. Once it is melted, I will sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder on it, open the biscuits in a can and dip them on one side then flip them to the other side to cook. I spread a little parmasan cheese on them and let them bake for about the last 10 mintues of the enchilatas. My family loves this meal!