Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rolo Cookies

Melanie and Steven introduced me to these wonderful cookies with a surprise in the middle.  I, not being a huge chocolate fan (I know, I am weird), love these cookies, because they have a caramel-ey middle.  I LOVE caramel!!  And Rolo's have always been one of my favorite candy bars (if you can call them that). 
So after I had heard Melanie and Steven talking about the, so much I finally got to try one.  I literally went straight to the store bought the ingredients and went home to make them.  I love them that much.  When my Young Women made a dessert recipe book, this was the first recipe I thought of to put in there.  
So now I would like to share with you one of the easiest recipes, ever.


Rolo Cookies:

1 pkg Rolo's  (I have also used just caramels and they worked great!)
1 box Devil's food cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 C. oil

Preheat oven to 350*  Mix cake, oil, and eggs.  Take a small ball of dough and form a ball around the Rolo.  (Only use enough dough to cover the Rolo so it can spread through the cookie).  Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes.   Makes 3 dozen. 
Dust with powdered sugar if desired.

There are enough Rolo's in a package to make almost 2 batches.  :)

Hope you enjoy!!

~Rachel~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...