Thursday, August 15, 2013

Camo Cupcakes

My son just celebrated his 5th birthday.  He is my only summer b-day in the family and I was so excited to make him an ice cream cake, but he didn't want one.  He wanted cupcakes!  Cupcakes? Really?  And then I remembered that my friend had made some darling camouflage cupcakes for her oldest sons birthday this year.  Well, my little guy loves camo everything, so I knew they would be a hit!



My girls were very excited to help me with this adventure, and we ALL love how they turned out.



Here is what you will need...

Chocolate cake mix
White cake mix
All the ingredients that go with the two cake mixes (eggs, oil, water, ect...)
Green food coloring
four mixing bowls (can be small)

Make your cake mixes according to directions, DO NOT BAKE.  :)
In the four bowls you will need 1. just white, 2. just brown, 3. will have white with a dash of brown and green food coloring to your liking, and 4. will have equal parts of both chocolate and white.
so again...
1. white
2. brown
3. green
4. tan
I hope this is not confusing.  :/

Line your cupcake pan.  Preheat the oven according to the directions on your cake mix boxes.
Now for the fun part!! Have one teaspoon for each bowl.  I used our cereal eating spoons.  My girls were each in charge of one bowl and I had two.  Then we just started putting a spoonful of our color into each cupcake liner.  Fill them until they are about 2/3 full.  Bake.
I made my basic Cream Cheese frosting and just added a little cocoa to make it tan.  My son LOVED them!

4 oz cream cheese
1 cube butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 C. powdered sugar
Mix ingredients.  You can add a little milk if it is too thick, but you probably want it a little on the thick side for cupcakes.

Enjoy!
~Rachel~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...