We are 7 sisters (well, 6 sisters and one in-law who we think of as a sister). We have always been close to each other and so now in order for us to stay close, even though we are far away, we have a blog, which we like to share fun finds, recipes, date ideas, crafts, and anything else we think the others will like. :)
This was one of my favorite treats growing up, and we were not even the ones who made them! Heather's friend would always bring them over for us and they were usually gone in +2 days! Finally, just before going off to college, we got the recipe from her so Heather and I could make them there, to impress boys there, and it did! I have made them for friends and my kids now and they love them too. I made them again today and my kids asked if they were really called "Yummy Bars" or if I just called them that because they are "Yummy". The answer is, it fits for both questions.
The recipe is as follows:
6 Cups of Rice Crispies
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Caro Syrup
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Butterscotch Chips
(This will fill a 9X13" pan. If you want a full cookie sheet of them, do 9 cups of Rice Cripsies and 1 1/2 cup of everything else).
1. Put rice crispies in large bowl for mixing.
2. In a medium sauce pan, combine sugar and caro syrup on medium heat until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is boiling.
3. Either turn the burner to low, or take pan off the burner and add the peanut butter. Once the peanut butter is melted, add to the rice crispies until evenly mixed.
4. Pour rice crispy mixture onto the pan and pat until flat. (I recommend you spray your hands with cooking spray to pat flat.
5. In another sauce pan, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips then spread over the rice crispies.
6. We have always cut them into 1 to 1 1/2 inch squares to serve.