This is a fun project to do with your kids. For the project you will need a 3' X 36" cheesecloth pack, fabric stiffener, glow in the dark paint (in the craft section), a 2 L bottle, 2- 16oz bottles, a 3" Styrofoam ball, and E-6000 glue.
1. First you will take the cheesecloth out and unfold it all the way out. Next, fold it into thirds.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix 8 oz of fabric Stiffener, and 4 oz of the glow in the darkFill paint together in the bowl. Crumple up the cheesecloth into a ball and stick it in the mixture. Stir it around until the cloth is completely covered. Let it set for 30 minutes.
3. Take the 2-L bottle and cut 2- 1 1/2 inch ovals in the front towards the middle. (You will attach the arms there so cut them where you think the arms would look the best). One will be at 10" up and the other at 9".
4. Attach the 2- 16 oz bottles into the holes and secure with hot glue.
5. Fill the 2-L bottle about a 1/3 of the way with water. Attach the styrofoam ball on top of the bottle.
6. After 30 minutes, squeeze the cheesecloth out as much as you can. Spread it out and on top of the plastic bottles. Move the cloth around the arms and head so you can see some definition. Also spread the bottom out so it will be able to stand on it's own once dry. Allow to dry over night or several hours.
7. Using black or dark card stock, cut out 2 oval eyes. Attach on the inside of the ghosts head using E-6000 glue.
8. Light it up or leave it under the lights for a little bit and then turn off your lights and let it glow!!!
We will also have these listed in our More Sister Stuff Shop, if you would rather just buy a finished product!