Monday, August 5, 2013

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

A couple of years ago, when visiting my Mom around this time of year, she had made batch after batch of this wonderful zucchini bread.  I could not get enough.  Sadly, she already had homes for most of the loaves.  I could not wait to get home and have a reason for making some of my own, but really, lets be honest, do you need a reason other than wanting a little chocolate?!? And it must be healthy right?  It has zucchini in it!  Anyway, back to this healthy bread...

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
2 (1 oz) squares unsweetened chocolate
3 eggs
2 C. white sugar
1 C. oil
2 C. grated zucchini
1 tsp. vanilla
2 C. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 C. semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease (2) 9 x 5 loaf pans.  In a microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted, stir occasionally until smooth.
In a large bowl combine sugar, eggs, oil, zucchini, vanilla and chocolate.  Mix well.  Stir in the flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 

I have to admit, every time I have made this, mine stick to the bottom, not all of it, just a few chocolate chips here and there.  I called to complain to my mom and she said she has had the same problem in the past and she recommended that I use a little parchment paper lining the bottom.  I am trying this trick tomorrow, hopefully I get to it, and I will let you know how it goes!  :)


Happy Baking!
~Rachel~

1 comments:

More Sister Stuff said...

FINALLY!!! I have waited for years for this recipe!!! Even after asking Mom and Melanie several times, I never got it! Thanks for posting it. It is so incredibly delicious (and addicting)! Stacy

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...