Sunday, November 20, 2011

Yummy, yummy soup

I LOVE shrimp.  So anytime I see a new recipe for shrimp I like to try it.  Kennedy and I would watch Rachael Ray together sometimes when Tori was at school.  One day she had this as her demonstration, and I literally tried it that night... I was not disappointed!  It is so good.  I can't wait until it starts to turn cold so I can make this soup.  Making it tomorrow!!!  Happy day!

Sausage and Shrimp in one pot

Ingredients
2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 pound hot or sweet bulk Italian sausage or 1 pound of links, split from casings
2 cubanelle peppers, seeded and chopped
1 red onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
1 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes or stewed tomatoes
1 cup chicken stock
1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
1 pound large, peeled, deveined shrimp
A handful of basil leaves, torn or shredded
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, a handful, chopped
1 loaf ciabatta bread (Ijust made my own french bread)

Heat a large, high-sided skillet or Dutch oven over medium to medium-high heat with EVOO, a couple of turns of the pan. Add the sausage, crumble and brown 3-4 minutes then add peppers, onions and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes more so the vegetables start to soften.

Add tomatoes, stock and bay leaf, stir and bring up to a boil. Add shrimp and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook 5 minutes, uncover and stir in basil and parsley. Turn off heat.

Crisp bread in the hot oven. Serve stoup in shallow bowls with crusty bread alongside for mopping.

I will post a picture when I make it again this week.

Enjoy!
Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...