Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Digital Scrapbooking!!...Made Easy!

 So this is my new addiction! Seriously...I'm obsessed with it! I have told myself I can only do it during nap time so that I don't take away all of my time with Brynlee doing this. I am one who LOVES pictures...and after we got married I would print pictures off, and for the most part they are just sitting in a tote right now. I've made a couple photo albums, pretty much of our wedding and a couple trips. Anyways...I have never been a big scrapbooker...I love the look of scrapbooking but I feel I was never talented enough and it would take hours for me just to do one page, and I wouldn't love how it turned out. So this is what I do now...I use Smilebox ...and it is the most amazing thing EVER!!! It took me a little while to figure it out, but it's easy, they have thousands of layouts and it's...just amazing!! They have a 14 day trial period where you can test it out to see if you like it, and if you want to keep going you join Club Smile box and you can either pay $5.99 a month or you can pay a yearly fee for $39.99 which makes it $3.33 a month. Now the great thing about the monthly fee, which I am doing, is just get as much done as you can/want, and then cancel it until you have enough built up to make another book and then just pay one monthly fee again. Unless you want to use it all of the time and then it's totally worth the yearly fee.
Here is what you get for free...



  • More than 1,000 designs for virtually any occasion.
  • Project types galore - from scrapbooks, to slideshows, to invitations, to ecards, recipes and more.
  • Loads of options to personalize.
  • Add photos, videos, and music.
  • Amazingly fast and easy.
  • Email and post to Facebook or to your Personal Blog!


  • So here's how the scrapbooking works. They have albums that come with 5-10 pages in each one. They don't have individual pages you can choose from. But you can use however many pages you want. On each page they have options where you can choose the color, how many pictures on a page, three levels of embellishments, some have a title option, and most of them have a journal option to write something in. So you can customize it how you want it.  And then just go to the tab "share, print or dvd" and then click on the bottom tab to "Save to Dvd, Video or Jpeg image." And then just save it to your computer and use it for whatever you'd like.

    Rachel and Heather have found out that the cheapest way to make a book it through Blurb (booksmart) and you can download that for free!! Blurb it great for journaling, a picture book, and they have the option to make your blog into a book. And now I'm using it for this. :) And it is the EASIEST thing ever!! You just upload your Smilebox pages, you want the full bleed option, and you just drag the picture over on the page and drop it in...and your done! I am SO excited about this! So for right now I'm doing a book for Brynlee's first year, and then I'm going to catch up and the last 5 years. So I'm super stoked about it!



    Below is what Blurb looks like, you'll have your pictures on the left and just click on it and drag it over the page you want it on! Easy peasy! If you have any questions just let me know! Go and do it!! You'll love it!!
    --Michelle--

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...