Friday, July 27, 2012

In-house Date Night

The hubby and I like to have a date night every week (mostly me.  I like to have a date night every week!) But this can get to be very expensive paying for whatever activity we decide to do, plus a babysitter on top of that, it is just not do-able.  So we have a lot of in-house dates.  They are a lot of fun.  At least we really enjoy them.  I thought that I would share a date that we had last week.  
I feed the kids and had them get into their "movie clothes" aka... pj's, and then we started a movie for them downstairs.  I put our dinner in the oven and while it was baking I got myself all ready for our date.  I always try to look my best for our dates even if we are just going to snuggle and watch a movie.  I think it helps the hubby know that I care and makes me feel good.  At 7 dinner was ready.
I like to make a nice "romantic" dinner for us to eat by candlelight (even though when we ate this time it was still light outside).  I made this chicken lasagna that I found on pinterest, and a caesar salad (which I crave with every pregnancy), breadsticks, and sparlking cider, then we had an easy chocolate mousse, delish! (I just used the mousse part and not the cake)
Then we snuggled on the couch until the kids movie finished and we put them to bed.  Then the fun began.  I had bought cheap Nerf guns at the dollar store and we had a war!  And it was a blast.  We literally ran around in the house hiding in different spots and sneaking out to shoot each other.  (My 7 year old said she couldn't sleep because she kept hearing us running across the floor)  But seriously, it was so much fun.  We had to take a couple of breaks to find bullets, but we kept playing for over an hour.  You can be a little creative with this game adding a little fun (everytime you reload your guns you meet in the middle for a kiss, or mini make-out session, or for every 5 times you are hit you have to remove an article of clothing, just be creative)
When it got dark enough we took a blanket outside and laid out and looked at the stars.  Seriously, this was one of the most fun at-home dates we have had.  Sometimes you just have to think outside the box a little.

~Rachel~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...