Thursday, August 23, 2012

Another Good Series to Read!

     So Michelle is the one who got me to read "The Hunger Games" series and I thank her for that!  I loved it!  She had not told me it was a series at first, just a good book to read.  When I got to the last 20 or so pages of it, I thought, "There is no way this can be over in 20 pages!"  Sure enough, it said, "End of Book One" on the final page!  I immediately called her up to find out what was next.  At the time, the 3rd and final book had not been finished and I ended up having to wait about 6 months for it to come out after completing the second book.

     A couple of weeks ago, I was asking her again if she knew of any good series to read again and she introduced me to the "Matched" series by Ally Condie.  She told me it was a bit like "The Hunger Games" in that it was a "Society" that dictates the way this group of people eat, think, work, marry.  It has a great love story and keeps a pretty interesting story along the way too.  It is definately a book that makes you mad to think about what others may have to live like and grateful for what we are blessed with!  At the current moment, I have just finished reading the first book.  Infact, I finished it just this afternoon.  I will pick up the second book, "Crossed" at my library later today.  I am once again in the same predicament as "The Hunger Games" though and will have to wait until November 13, 2012 for the 3rd book, "Reached" to come out!  Sad day!  I do anticipate both of them will be great reads also!

If you want to go to this link (here), you can watch the book trailers for the first two.  They were pretty good too! Enjoy!

~Stacy~
 

Matched (Matched, #1) Crossed (Matched, #2) Reached (Matched, #3)

Well, I finished reading 'Crossed' last night!  It was very good too!  It continues the love story for Cassia.  She begins to show her independance and understand that she CAN do things without the society to find something more.  However, there is a twist in the end I wasn't really expecting.  Actually, a couple.  I am sure we will find out in 'Reached' if they are good twists or not!

~Stacy~

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I read these thought they were AWESOME!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...