Monday, August 20, 2012

Fruit Pizza

We went to our friends house this weekend for dinner and to watch the Hunger Games. I know it's been out for a while, but we usually wait to watch it until it gets out on movie because we hate spending that much to go watch a movie in the theater...anyways LOVED IT!!!! It's been a couple years since I read the book so I thought they did a FABULOUS job with the characters and...everything! So if you haven't seen it...you should! Anyways...so we were in charge of bringing a desert, and Adam wanted me to make a fruit pizza. Which I was so excited because it has been YEARS since I've made/had one.  So I thought I'd share the recipe because it turned out really yummy!

Here's what you need:

1 16 oz pkg Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough 
1 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese
3/4 Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla 
A handful of each of the fruit you want to use on it (blueberries, strawberries, peach, kiwi, Mandarin oranges, ect.)
1 Tbsp Corn Starch
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Pineapple juice (is what I used but you could use any fruit juice from the fruit you use)

Directions:
Smoosh the cookie dough so it covers the whole bottom of your cookie sheet (I used a small cookie sheet, you could also use a pizza pan and make it circle) and cook it according to it's directions. Let it cool completely.

Soften the cream cheese, either let it sit out a little bit or put it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and mix with 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 tsp vanilla, spread over the cookie.

Cut up the fruit and arrange it how you'd like it :)

And then for the glaze that you'll put over it so your fruit doesn't got shriveled and brown, I mixed the pineapple juice, lemon juice and corn starch together in then pan then added 1/2 cup sugar. Heat on med. until it boils, and then let it boil for 1 minute and remove from heat. Let it cool off for a couple of minutes and then spread a layer on top of fruit. It doesn't have to be very thick, in fact I had about half of the glaze left over.

Then put in your fridge and let it cool for a few hours and enjoy!

Here is one my cousin and I made a few years ago for the 4th of July. There was a little extra room on the side so we put USA in chocolate. :)
--Michelle--

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...