Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chunky Potato Soup

I love this Potato Soup!  It is a Cheesy, Ham and Potato Soup.  If you love potato soup, you should at least try this once!  I have not felt well this week I really felt like it was a soup day today, so Chunky Potato Soup it was!  Also, I usually have a bunch of leftover ham after Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner so I will cube it up and use it in a few recipes.  Here are the ingredients you will need:




3 Medium Red Potatoes (I will use russet and sometimes more than 3, I like leftovers!)
2 Cups Water
1 Small Onion
3 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (I have never used because I never have them on hand)
Ground Black Pepper
3 Cups Milk
1 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup Cubed Cooked Ham

1.  Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes.

2.  Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.  Add potatoes and cook until tender.  Drain, reserving liquid.  Set aside potatoes.  Measure 1 cup cooking liquid, adding water if necessary; set aside.

3.  Peel and finely chop onion.  Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.  Add onion to saucepan; cook stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and tender, but not brown.

4.  Add flour to saucepan; season with pepper flakes and black pepper to taste.  Cook 3 to 4 minutes.

5.  Gradually add potatoes, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, milk, and sugar to onion. mixture in saucepan; stir well.  Add cheese and ham.  Simmer over low heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently.  Store leftovers, covered in refrigerator.

You can get this recipe and others at: www. grandmaskitchenrecipes.com.  I love the recipes I have tried from here. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...