Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sadie's Better Brownies

I love to read mysteries and I love to cook and bake.  Not too long ago I came across these books by Josi Kilpack that are "Culinary Art Mysteries"!  I loved them!  They each have fun names like Lemon Tart, English Trifle, and Blackberry Crumble.  In each book there are half a dozen or so recipes.  I don't always get the chance to try all the recipes before I return the book, but I do always try a couple (at least).  I wish that I could remember which book I got this recipe from, but I can't.  We have tried it 3 or 4 times now and it has been a hit every time!

  



24 oz (1 1/2 bags) semi-sweet chocolate chips (using 1/2 mint choc. chips is delicious!)
1 C. (2 sticks) unsalted butter
6 large eggs
2 C. granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C. all- purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 C. walnuts (pecans are better than walnuts)

Preheat oven to 350* and melt chocolate chips and butter in double boiler. (or melt in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each heating until smooth.)  Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.  In a separate bowl mix together the eggs and sugar.  Mix the melted chocolate and the vanilla.  Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the chocolate mixture and mix well.  Pour into a 9x13 greased pan and bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with just a few moist crumbs.  Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into 2-inch squares.
Makes 24 brownies

~Rachel~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...