Friday, December 28, 2012

Buttermilk Syrup


A couple of weeks ago we had a Personal Progress "IHOP" night, Important Hour of Progress.  (our PP leaders are THE most creative ladies I know!) We served the girls pancakes that they could load with toppings like sliced strawberries or bananas, whipped topping, maple syrup, or the delicious Buttermilk Syrup!  One of the girls commented that the buttermilk syrup tasted like a little bit of Heaven, and I quite agree.  I liked it so much I went back for seconds. I would have only taken the syrup if others weren't in the room, but because they were I also took a pancake.  :)  Seriously... so good! 
I have made this for my family a couple times since, and they love it.  I have never seen them eat so many pancakes at one time.  This syrup is HEAVENLY!!!

Buttermilk Syrup

1 cube butter
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. buttermilk
1 Tbsp. Kero syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda

Melt the butter over a medium heat.  Add sugar, buttermilk, Kero syrup, and vanilla.  Bring to a boil then turn off the heat.  Whisk the baking soda in.  Be careful, the baking soda causes the syrup to boil up fast, but if you have it off the heat and are whisking fast it will not flow over.  
Serve over hot pancakes and enjoy!!

~Rachel~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...