Monday, August 19, 2013

Chicken and Broccoli

It is getting to that busy time of the year again (oh wait!  Did it ever slow down?!? Not here I guess)
Anyway, it is just about time for school to start here, and that always means my life as a Mom becomes very hectic.  This year I think it is going to be even more so with the hubby opening his own practice (next week!!) and three kids in piano, homework, basketball, softball, one wishing for gymnastics, activity days, throw in a few nights of me giving massages and you have a very hectic schedule.  I usually set aside the busiest day of my week as "crock pot day."  It helps my life become a little easier, with one less thing to worry about.  Last school year it was Thursday.  I would get the kids on the bus and then as I was cleaning up breakfast I would also start dinner.  I just found it easier to only have only clean up time.  Some recipes like this one only require a few hours and I would start them as I cleaned up lunch.
I love the easiness of crock pot meals.  They are for the most part, quick and easy, and then you get to smell them cooking all day long!  YUM!



I call this one Sunday Chicken and Broccoli because it only needs to be in the crockpot for 3 hours, and since church for me is 3 hours, it is perfect!  But we have it on all different days and it still tastes just as wonderful!  In fact, I made it last week and my little family of 5 1/2 (Oakli doesn't eat much) ate the entire crock pot full in one sitting!!


Sunday Chicken and Broccoli

2 to 3 C. cooked rice
3-4 cooked chicken breasts, diced
1 bunch of broccoli, steamed and chopped
2 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 C. Mayonnaise (we like Miracle Whip)
1 T. lemon jiuce
1 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese

Pour rice in bottom of crockpot.  Layer the chicken and broccoli on top of rice.  Make a sauce with the remaining ingredients and pour over the top of everything.  Set crock pot to low for 3 hours (or while at church).  

~Rachel~


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...