Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Christmas in July

One of the many things we all have on our to-do lists in December is neighbor gifts.  We all take the time and make something nice for our neighbors to thank them for all they do.  Here’s something I came up with for a little gift for friends and neighbors in July or the sometime in the summertime.  I think you can never thank your friends and neighbors enough.

It’s a little bucket with all the needed items for ice cream sundaes.  We took them around to our friends on Sunday with a little tag that said “we hope you enjoy your sundae.”
Items needed:

sandbox bucket (I bought mine at Michaels crafts for $1) or a bag to put it all in
hot fudge sauce
caramel sauce
peanuts




You could be fancy and add an ice cream scoop, bananas, brownies, redi whip, or anything you like to put with ice cream.
I made some homemade hot fudge sauce and caramel sauce and put them in little jam jars with a little tag on them to heat in microwave.  I put some peanuts in cute matching bag.  I put the jars and peanuts on bottom of bucket where it is skinnier with the ice cream on top.


Here’s the recipes I used.  I love them and think they are sooo yummy!  I don’t think it gets any better than these.
The hot fudge sauce is from a family cookbook recipe coming from a cousin and the caramel sauce comes from my favorite cookbook in the world “Our best bites.” 
 I honestly think everyone needs to own this cookbook it really has the best recipes ever in the entire cookbook.  I haven’t tried anything yet that I haven’t liked and it’s especially great if you are doing a party or special event and want really great food.  You will be so happy with it.  Anyways, here are the recipes:
Hot Fudge Sauce
2 cups sugar
4 ½ T. cocoa
1 cube butter
2 T. flour
1 large can evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.  Boil 3-5 minutes on medium heat.

Buttermilk Caramel Syrup

¾ cup buttermilk
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup real butter (no substitutions)


2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine buttermilk, sugar, butter, corn syrup, and baking soda in a 4-quart pan.  Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to low-just make sure it’s still bubbling.  Cook, stirring very frequently, for 7-9 minutes or until the syrup reaches a rich golden brown.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
                                          
                                                                                      *Heather*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...