Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fabric Wreath

So my really good friend is helping with a relief society craft day and she is in charge of doing a cute wreath. So she came over the other day and we made these...and I personally think they turned out really cute! I am really excited! But since I live in an apartment...I'm afraid it will get stolen if I hang it on my door...so instead it's an inside decoration.

You will need: (just to add I am super cheap and got all of my materials at Hobby Lobby ((OBSESSED with that store!)) and used a 40% off coupon on each item to make it really cheap.) Paying full price you could make it for about $7.

**1 yard of Material, I got a really light tan color $2.99
**1/8 yard of burlap...and that couple probably make you triple what you need $.50
**Wreath...I got the hay one because it was a lot cheaper than styrofoam $3.99
**An embellishment to put in the middle of your flower, I used one I already had around the house
**Hot glue gun
**Pins
**Sewing Machine :)

With my yard I used the length (hot dog style) and folded it in half, and would cut each half I think three times, so all of my pieces of fabric were 38" Long and 5 1/2" wide. I used 8 pieces, I was able to cut 10 pieces...so I had two left over.
Then you just start sewing down the middle and scrunch as you go...it does not need to be perfect, you won't be able to tell.

 This is what one piece looks like when your done sewing.
 My friend hot glued her fabric to the wreath and I just put pins in it, so whatever you have on hand. I thought the pins were really nice because you could rearrange the fabric if you needed to.
 You just wrap the fabric around and where the two ends would meet I would try to bunch it up a little and throw a pin in there so you can't see down to the hay. If you kind of poof it while you go too it make it look more ruffly.
 I just did 3 rosette flowers out of the burlap and hot glued and pinned it on. You can find a tutorial here.
Here is the final product!

--Michelle--

1 comments:

Janie said...

That is so pretty!

Thank you for linking up to TPP

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...