Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Monterey Chicken Fajitas

Feb


I got the opportunity to live with my Mom's parents for a few months when I was 20.  It was then that I learned where my Mom learned to become such a good cook.  I have always loved my Mom's cooking and living with my grandparents was not only fun but delicious!  My Grandma is such a good cook!!  When each of us gets married we are blessed with a family cookbook made with love by my Grandma!!  All of the recipes are tried, true and DELICIOUS!!  Anytime I want to try something new I always pull out that cookbook first.  
One of these recipes we love is Monterey Chicken Fajitas.

Monterey Chicken Fajitas

2 Tbsp. Vegatable oil
1 medium green pepper, cut in strips
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 C. chunky salsa
1 C. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 flour tortillas

Heat oil in skillet.  Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.  Add pepper and onion and cook until tender-crisp.  Add soup and salsa and heat through.  Spoon about 1/2 C. chicken mixture down the center of a warmed tortilla.  Top with cheese and additional salsa.  Fold tortilla around filling.  Serves 4.

~Rachel~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...