Thursday, February 7, 2013

Valentine's Chex Mix


Day 11:
Okay, okay, I admit that I love Pinterest!  When I meal a meal idea I turn to Pinterest, when I need a project for the kids bordem (besides the offering of chores) I turn to Pinterest.  I seriously LOVE pinterest. And yes, my husband knows and approves.  So when I was looking for some ideas to make Valentine's Day a little more special for my kids I came across this Chex mix recipe.  I knew that it would be perfect for a little treat in their lunch.  I decided to try it out at the Super Bowl party we went to, and my daughters loved it so much they begged me to make it again, and soon!  Little do they know, they will be getting it again next week!



4 1/2 C. Rice Chex Mix cereal
1/2 C. white vanilla baking chips
1/4 C. peanut butter
2 Tbsp. butter
1/3 C. powdered sugar
1/4 C. white, pink, and red chocolate coated candies
2 Tbsp. sprinkles


Place cereal in a medium bowl.  In a small microwave safe bowl microwave baking chips, peanut butter and butter on high for 1 to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.  Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
Place 1/2 of the cereal in a 1 gallon ziplock bag.  Add powdered sugar.  Seal bag and shake well.  Spread on waxed paper or foil and let cool for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir in sprinkles and candies in the remaining cereal.  Spread on waxed paper or foil and let cool for about 15 minutes.
In a serving bowl, combine both cereals.  Store in an airtight container (if you have any left).

Enjoy!

~Rachel~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...