Monday, February 4, 2013

Cookies&Cream Red Velvet Cupcakes



As you can probably tell by now, I am obsessed with Red Velvet.  There is no hiding it now, I love it.  So as you can see, when I have an excuse-like Valentine's Day-I will red velvet to the max!! This year I have, and I haven't stopped yet.  My newest creation is red velvet cupcakes with COOKIES & CREAM frosting!! Yum!! They are delicious, if I may say so myself.  And if it is not okay that I say it, my husband says it.  :) haha Seriously though, you have got to try these.  I know I may say this phrase all the time but I am saying it again, "they are sooo easy!!"

Want this easy but decadent recipe?? You got it! Follow these few quick steps and before you know it, you will be indulging in one of these beauties! So hurry and get started! Totally worth it.  And no need to wait until V-day, I didn't! Whip them out right now. :)

Cookies & Cream Red Velvet Cupcakes

Ingredients
-Red Velvet cake mix (with ingredients on box as well)
-8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
-1/2 stick of butter (room temperature) 
-1 tsp vanilla
-2 Tbsp sugar
-1 Tbsp milk
-Powdered sugar until right constancy
-6 Oreo's (crushed)

Directions
Make and bake cake mix according to directions on the box.  While cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting.  Cream the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.  Add sugar, vanilla, and milk.  Mix until incorporated.  Add powdered milk.  Add some of the crushed Oreo's  leaving some to sprinkle on top when piped.  When I crushed my Oreo's, I used a blender, but I scraped off most of the filling because I didn't want it to be clumpy when I sprinkled it on top.  You can add the filling to the cream cheese mixture if you don't want to waste it, or you can just eat it like I did.  :) Once you have mixed everything in the cream cheese mixture, pipe it onto the cupcakes and sprinkle the rest of the crushed Oreo's on top.  I also think it would be cute if you broke Oreo's in half and then stuck a half piece on top of the frosting.  Just an idea.  Hope you love these as much as we did!! Enjoy!
-Melanie-


I almost forgot my favorite part about these!! 2 words 1. Mini. 2. Cupcakes.  Honestly, changed my life.  I know it wasn't me that came up with that idea because there is a minicupcake pan, but it is brilliant! I love cupcakes, but they are just hard for me to eat because they are kind of messy. 

Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 9 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...