Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Peach Smoothie


If you enjoyed Michelle's Peaches and Cream, you will love this smoothie!  They are very similar, in that they are almost the same... both absolutely delicious!  I have been making this smoothie for the past few years when I get all my peaches to can.  Sometimes I make it for breakfast and sometimes it is a late night treat with my hubby, after all the kiddos are in bed.  

Peach Smoothie

2 frozen peaches
1 fresh peach (not frozen)
1/2 -3/4 C. cream, 1/2 & 1/2, or milk
1 tsp. sugar

To freeze the peaches blanch them in boiling water for 1 minute then remove the skin and pit.  Place them on a cookie sheet and place them in freezer for a few hours or overnight.

In a blender add the milk and fresh peach, blend until smooth.  Add one frozen peach half at a time until smooth. You may need to add more cream/milk to get a nice smooth consistency.  Add sugar if desired.  

I like to use cream, it gives it a richer flavor, but I don't always have cream on hand so I have tried different variations, and they all work and taste great.

-Heather-

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That smoothie looks perfect! I have to try it. First I need a blender :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...