Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars

Since starting our family Health Challenge I have really tried not to eat sweets during the week, and man has that been tough!!  So on Sunday's I have been making dessert, I can only go so many days in a row without something sweet and bad for me.  I had my girls help me decide on a treat.  They love anything chocolate and I love anything caramel, so we decided CHOCOLATE CHIP TOFFEE BARS was the winner!

Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars

2 1/3 C. flour
3/4 C. butter
2/3 C brown sugar
2 C. chocolate chips, divided
1 C. chopped nuts (optional)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
10 oz bag toffee bits

Combine flour and sugar in a bowl.  Cut in butter with pastry cutter until you get crumbles.  Add eggs, mix well.  Stir in 1 1/2 C. chocolate chips and nuts.  Set aside 1 1/2 C of mix.  Press remaining mix in bottom of 9 x 13 pan.  Bake at 350* for 10 mins.  Pour milk over hot crust.  Top with 3/4 bag of toffee bits.  Sprinkle with the rest of the crumb mix and remaining chocolate chips.  Bake for 15 minutes longer.  Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits.  Cool completely on wire rack.  Cut into squares.


I have to admit, this is a very rich dessert.  I would recommend inviting some friends over to share it with because one, maybe two squares will be enough for one night, and you have a big pan of it.  

~Rachel~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...