Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies


Day 4:

I was soo excited to make these again this year for Valentine's day!! Last year I gave my hubby a boot box FULL of treats && sweets.  I decked the box out in cutsie Valentine's looking paper, and then as I said, FILLED the box full of goodies.  I made cupcakes, dipped strawberries and pretzels, had cheesecake strawberries, and these red velvet cheesecake brownies.  I spent a good portion of the couple days before in the kitchen.  It was great! I haven't really thought about those brownies, until just a couple weeks ago and I instantly craved them!



These are honestly my FAVORITE treat!! I absolutely looove cheesecake, and who doesn't love brownies.  It is probably the best combination someone could have come up with! Wow!!! I just made a batch, and most likely make them again on Valentine's day! I want to eat as many of them as I can, while it is considered okay.  Here is the recipe! Give them a try, and I can promise you won't regret that decision! 

Red Velvet Cheese Cake Brownies


Ingredients:
1/2 c unsalted butter
2-oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 c sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp red food coloring (I love the gel food coloring)
2/3 c all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 c sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 8 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until combined and very smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and red food coloring. Add chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Add flour and salt and stir until just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
To prepare cheesecake mixture, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth. Distribute the cheesecake mixture in 8 dollops over batter in the pan. Swirl in with a knife or spatula.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set. A knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned.
Let cool completely in pan on a cooling rack before lifting out the parchment paper to remove the brownies.
Makes 16 large or 24 small 

brownies.  
Source: Baking Bites

Hope you love them as much as I do!! Enjoy!
-Melanie-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...