Friday, February 6, 2015

Chicken Roll-ups





Chicken Roll-ups, Peas

This is a meal I got from my sister Heather when we were in college.  It really is something I have cooked for the past 15 years.  My family all likes it.  My youngest son even asked if I could make it everyday a while ago.  I don't think I would still like it if I had to eat it EVERYDAY, but it is wonderful in my rotation of meals.  I also determine the quality of a recipe on if my family, especially my husband will eat leftovers, and this is one of the meals he will eat as a left over.  So, it passes!

Roll-ups
1 Can Homestyle Biscuits
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1 can Olives- chopped up
3-4 Green onions, chopped
2-4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
4 tbsp melted butter
1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs

Warm your oven to 350°.  Spray a cookie sheet and set aside.  Grab 2 separate smaller bowls and put melted butter in one, italian bread crumbs in the other and set aside.   In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, chicken, olives, and green onions.  On a separate plate, take one biscuit and flatten out.  Stuff the biscuit with a large spoonful of the chicken mixture.  Fold up the edges and pinch closed.  Set on cookie sheet.  Once all of the biscuits are stuffed, dip each one into the melted butter, followed by the bread crumbs and place back on the cookie sheet.  Once this is done to all of them, put them in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.


Sauce
1 Can Cream of Chicken
1 Cup Sour Cream

While the biscuits are cooking, in a small sauce pan, combine the cream of chicken and sour cream.  Cook on medium-low until it is boiling, then reduce to low until the biscuits are ready.  Serve warm with the sauce over the top.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...