Friday, February 6, 2015

Ham and Swiss Sliders






When our little sister, Melanie got married about 2 1/2 years ago, she had made these for her reception and they were so yummy, I had to try them at home.  The recipe I used was from www.mychocolatetherapy.com, which my server is telling me is no longer available.  I want to give credit where credit is due though!    



For this you will need:  

12 good White Dinner Rolls (Hawaiian Rolls are fantastic)
12 small pieces of deli cut Honey Ham
12 small slices of Swiss Cheese
1/3 cup Mayonnaise
1/3 cup Miracle Whip

Poppy Seed Sauce
1/2 tbsp Poppyseeds
1 1/2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
1/2 C. Butter, melted
1 tbsp Minced Onions
1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce

In a small bowl, mix together mayonaise and miracle whip.  Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll.  Place a slice of ham and a slice of swiss cheese inside of each roll.  Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet.  Place very close together.

In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seeds sauce ingredients.  Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches.  Let sit 10 mintues or until butter sets slightly.  Cover with tin foil and bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops are lightly hard.  Uncover and cook an additional 2 minutes.  Serve warm.

**Sandwiches can be assemble a day ahead and kept in the fridge, ready to bake.
(The original lady who posted this said what makes it is the combo of miracle whip and mayo.  I don't usually buy miracle whip but I did for this.  I don't know that it is truly necessary.  None of the other recipes I saw had this requirement.  I do usually just mix up what it calls for and leave the remaining in an air tight container in my fridge until the next time I make it.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...