Friday, February 13, 2015

Great Family Movie Classics

    My family is really big on watching movies.  We watch one as a family about once a week, so we are always on the look out for movies or shows to watch together.  We love Netflix as our big source for the movies and do both  the streaming and the DVD mailers which allows us to get more of a selection.  Recently, I had the kids watch "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids".  They really did not want to watch it at first because, "it's an old movie".  I still made them sit down to watch it and within just a couple of minutes, it had both of the boys full attention.  As soon as it was over, my 7 year old wanted to watch it again.  We went in search of the spin-offs of this and also found, "Honey, We Shrank Ourselves".  It was also a classic.  A few days later, I noticed that because I had watched those 2 movies, Netflix was suggesting several other older movies for us to watch I wouldn't have thought of or searched for.  It has been really fun introducing my kids to these classics I loved as a kid and teenager.  Here is my movie list:

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
Honey, We Shrank Ourselves
Honey, I Blew up the Baby







Cool Runnings














Mighty Ducks
Mighty Ducks II
Mighty Ducks III

Daddy Daycare














Flubber















The Sandlot














Little Rascals














Spy Kids I, II, III, and IV















Madagascar
Madagascar II, Escape to Africa
Madagascar III, Europes Most Wanted






All Harry Potter movies (I know some of them are a little scary, but they never really bothered my kids so I am suggesting them)















Mary Poppins














 We also really enjoy watching a series, either on Netflix or recorded from T.V.  We ideally would like to watch one that ALL of us want to watch, but a lot of times it ends up just me and the boys watch after school.  My favorite to watch with them is "Once Upon A Time".  I watched it by myself cleaning floors last year and then ended up making my youngest son watch with me, and then forced my oldest son also.  My youngest loved it from the beginning.  It took to the end of the 1st season before he would watch it without complaining, though he would sit through every episode.  Now, he still claims he doesn't love it, but he will watch every episode with us no matter how many times we have seen it.  He also looked forward to each new episode during the last season!  We also LOVE "Psych" and have now seen all 8 seasons.  It has a few episodes that need a little screening for the kids, but even if you skipped the whole episode, you would still be able to follow the show.  It really is clean with very little language too.  So our recommended shows are:

Once Upon A Time
















Once Upon A Time in Wonderland (although we have not watched this one, it is by the same creators/writers of "Once Upon A Time" that we love.)
















Psych
















Chuck (also has a little bit of language in a few episodes and some suggestive comments, but I felt they were easy to skip)















Cake Boss
















Burn Notice  (this one does take place in Florida and there are a LOT of bikini's and less than modest clothing in many episodes)
















America's Funniest Home Videos












~Stacy~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...